The Asian Handball Federation was established in January 1976 in the State of Kuwait and the Headquarters are located in Kuwait.
The membership of AHF is available to all Asian National Federations which are officially recognized in their countries.
All Federations who apply for membership have to address their written applications to the AHF Secretary General with the following particulars:
- Name and address of applicant Federation.
- Names and addresses of council members of the applicant.
- ) A copy of Statutes and Bylaws related to the Competitions and Referees in English or Arabic.
- Information about the Federation's activities in its country since it has been established.
- After taking all required procedures, the Federation applying for membership may be granted a provisional membership by Council or of the Executive Committee and the application should be presented in the first meeting of the Congress, for decision based on absolute majority. The congress has the right to reject as application, with justifications.
- In case of accepting or refusing the application, the Secretary General should notify the decision of the Congress to the concerned Federation.
- In case of accepting the membership application a fee of US$100 should be paid.
The Congress is the highest policy making authority and is composed of:
- Members of AHF Council.
- Representative of Member Federations.
Federation Members and Representatives:
- The Member Federation must have fulfilled its financial and moral obligations.
- The Federation should be represented by not more than two delegates holding an official letter authorizing them to attend the Congress and vote for their Federation.
- Every Member Federation has only One (1) vote in the Congress.
- Delegates to the Congress must be citizens of the Council they represent its Federation.
- Should any Federation fail to fulfill the conditions of attending the Congress, its right to voting shall be forfeited, but may attend as observer only.
Council Members and Guests:
- The AHF Council Members have the right to attend the Congress with no right of voting.
- Guests of the Federation and the invited honorary members to attend the Congress, are considered observers. They may participate in the discussion if they are asked, with no right of voting.
The Council is composed of:
- The President of AHF
- The 1st Vice-President of AHF
- Four Vice-Presidents of AHF
- Secretary General
- Five elected members
- One Female member
- Chairmen of the AHF Committees not already on the Council
The Council member will be deprived of following cases:
- Absence from Three (3) consecutive meetings without giving reason in writing. A determination in this regard should be issued by the Council.
- If the member misuses his position or indulges in any discourteous conduct or corruption which may damage in any way the reputation of the Federation.
In case of vacancy in Council's executive positions due to one of the reasons mentioned the Congress will appoint one of its members to fill the vacancy for the remaining period of the Council.
- If there is more than four vacancies in the Council and the remaining period of the council exceeds 6 months, an extra-ordinary Congress shall be convened within six months to elect the Council members who will complete the vacancies.
- In case of any vacancy of Council's positions due to one of the reasons mentioned, the substitute will be elected in the next Ordinary Congress.
During the absence of the President due to illness or travel, the First Vice-President will take all the responsibilities, In case of absence of the first vice-president due to illness or travel the elder vice-president will take the responsibilities of the President of AHF.
The responsibilities of the commission will lay on the cooperation between them in activating the tasks of the Commissions of AHF, and those commissions are:
The following are the income sources of the Federation:
Sources of the income:
The following are the Income sources of the Federation:
- Subsidiaries from the Country of Head Quarters: Grants and subsidiaries of the following description, to be provided by the Government of the Country where the Headquarters are located.
- Membership Fee and Annual Subscription Fee
- Grants, Subsidiaries and Donations approved by the Council or Executive Committee.
- AHF's share of income from International Matches, Official Matches and Friendly Matches organized by the Member Federations according to the Hosting Contract of AHF.
- Income of Advertising on the Sportswear and in the Playing Halls and any other source of income from advertising during the Asian Championships.
- Against the Television transmission and Photographs during the Asian Championships.
- Video recordings.
- Any other revenues approved by the Council or Executive Committee
Affiliation and subscription fee:
- Affiliation fee is US$ 100.00
- Annual subscription fee for the Member Federations is payable according to the following levels:
First Level Countries (500 U$D)
CHN – JPN – KOR – KUW – QAT – KSA – UAE – IRI - BRN
Second Level Countries (300 U$D)
JOR – OMA –TPE - LIB – SYR – KAZ – THA – IRQ – UZB
Third Level Countries (100 U$D)
AFG – BAN – HKG –IND– KGZ – MAC – MAS – MGL – NEP – PAK – PLE – PHL – PRK– TAJ – TKM– VIE – YEM – BRU
- If the Member Federations fails to pay their annual subscription fee, should be deprived of its right of vote, attending the Congress and nomination.
- If any other countries apply for the Membership of AHF, then the Council will decide the level of the country to pay their fee accordingly.
Travel & Accommodation Expenses:
- Member Federations will bear travel and full board accommodation expenses of its Council Members to attend the Council meeting and the Congress.
- The Federation will pay travel, board and lodging expenses of the Executive Committee Members.
- Member Federations will pay travel and accommodation expenses for members of the sub-committees nominated by them to attend the Federation's sub-committee meetings.
- The Federation will pay travel and lodging expenses of any person who is sent on official assignment after the approval of the Council or Executive Committee
Daily Allowance for Official Missions (Subject to the availability of funds):
- Council member, Executive Director and those who have same functional rank will get a daily allowance of US$300.00 to cover their accommodation and local transportation expenses, when on official assignments.
- Other Member's Daily allowance is US$100.00, when on official assignments.
- US$100 will be paid if the host covers boarding & lodging expenses of the Council member, Executive Director and those who have same functional rank.
- Extra allowances for one day before and after the mission will be paid.
- The Federation will provide Business Class air tickets to the Executive Committee members, Council members, Executive Director and those who have same functional rank when on official assignment. In case the main office Secretariat personnel are assigned for a mission, the Federation will provide them with Economy class air tickets.
- The fiscal year of AHF starts on January 1st and ends on December 31st of each year.
- Other member's daily allowance is US$150.00, when on official assignments.The Federation spends its money on the matters for which it was founded.
- The Federation money should be deposited in the Bank chosen by the Council.
The Membership of a Federation may be forfeited for the following reasons:
- At a written request of the concerned Federation.
- For a behavior in contradiction with the aims and objectives of the Federation.
- For violation of AHF's Statutes, Rules and Regulations.
- The Council may suspend the membership for a certain period for the reason of bad behavior stated in the above mentioned items (2) & (3), provided that the Council members should submit a sufficient report to the Congress to decide and impose the appropriate penalty or fine. The forfeiture of membership should be approved by Three- Quarters (3/4) of the Congress members.
- If the Member Federation fails to pay its annual subscription during the period allowed in Article (26) Item (2) (Annual Subscription), its membership should be suspended and deprived of its right of attending the Congress, voting and nomination, until settlement of all of the financial obligations.